This guide covers how to install CS:S assets using SteamCMD.
- An internet connection.
- Some free space on your PC. (~4GB)
For Linux/Mac refer to Valve’s guide: developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD
- Make a folder for SteamCMD.
- Inside of it download SteamCMD, and unzip it.
- Start steamcmd.exe and wait until you got
Steam>waiting for your input.
Getting CS:S files
Inside SteamCMD, type or paste each of the following line in the order:
app_update 232330 validate
Installing CS:S files
- Inside your SteamCMD folder go into the folder
css/cstrikeand copy/cut all
.vpkfiles starting with the name
- From your momentum folder go to
momentum\custom, create a folder
cstrikesourceand paste all previous
.vpkinside of it.
- Finally from the momentum folder open
- And add the following in a new line right after: